Published By: Callie Moore
The holidays are usually synonymous with joy, peace, and happiness. However, the holidays can feel anything but joyful after the passing of a loved one. Grief is a natural response to loss that can bring strong emotions days, weeks, months, and years later. Even if it is not the first celebration without a loved one, the holidays can be a tough time of year. Fortunately, there are unique traditions that you and family can adopt to ensure your loved ones will continue to be a part of the holiday season. Read below for ideas to honor the memory of a loved one.
6 Ways to Remember a Loved One During the Holidays:
- Make your loved one’s favorite recipes.
- Donate time or money to a cause special to your loved one.
- Tell stories of your loved one as a reminder of the memories.
- Write a letter to your loved one detailing your year.
- Use old clothing to make gifts for other family members such as a memory blanket or teddy bear.
- Add a special ornament to your Christmas tree that will remind you of your loved one every year you hang it.